How to Put anEnd to your JAW PAINWITHOUT Pain Pills, Surgeries, or Injections...
If you are experiencing TMJ issues, Jaw pain, sleep apnea, neck and/or head pain, then you need to hear this message if you want full resolution.
Unfortunately our healthcare system can lead us to feel like there is nothing you can do for your TMJ without medication, surgery or injections. Not all providers understand the connection between our symptoms and our TMJ . It is not uncommon for our patients to share "The last time I went to the doctor they just told me to rest or just keep wearing your mouth guard".
Did you know that stiffness often comes before pain. Your neck and jaw stiffness is not just something to accept "because you are getting older".
You may feel symptoms of muscles tightness hoping that a massage will resolve it, but your tightness and pain returns soon after.
There’s no obvious reason why it happened and no one has looked at all the pieces to your puzzle surrounding your pain and NO one looks at your airway as a significant contributing factor.
You may think rest and medications help soon resolve the symptoms and it will go away just like it did in the past.. But it is not getting better...and actually starting to get worse!
If this resonates with you, you’re not alone - and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, TMJ, jaw pain, neck and headache pain and sleep apnea are some of THE most common problems that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Dallas!
And when it comes to living with TMJ and Jaw pain, everybody we see wants to know:
“Why is This Happening to Me?”... or, “Why Am I Still Suffering With Jaw Pain After Putting Up With It For Years (Maybe More)?
When most of our patients start feeling jaw pain they do not know which provider to go to. Who can help?! Finally they get to a dentist, and their first solution is to put you in a mouth night guard.
You give that a try and you're still experiencing jaw pain, neck pain and even migraines. Is it normal to be biting through your mouthguard? You feel like nothing is working and you are not going to get better. Will you have to live with this for the rest of your life?!
Does this Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our Physical Therapy Clinic is when people go to their Doctor, and their Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. They are told to go to the Dentist that may or may not know how to treat TMJ correctly. They end up prescribing a mouth guard that may or may not help. Rarely do these providers refer out to physical therapy, or if they do it may not be the right PT.
This is madness and explains why so many people are suffering with TMJ and not getting better.
Has This Happened To You?
Why else does Jaw and TMJ pain persist? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you've been told your TMJ and jaw pain was caused by muscle tightness - so you get a massage and that still does not help.
You have to get to the source of the pain: assess jaw position, tongue mobility, the joint movement in the neck and jaw, and how the teeth and tongue work together.
If you don’t know what you’re doing - TMJ pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
If You’re Currently Living With TMJ and Jaw Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t, so you have waited to address it
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to stop eating hard foods, chewing gum or yawn and prescribes painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help your TMJ and Jaw Pain as soon as they wore off chronic TMJ and Jaw pain struck again
3.You are told by a Doctor that you need Night Guards for your teeth grinding, but that solution alone does not work
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your TMJ and neck pain ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Neck and TMJ pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and your pain returned within hours to days later…
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to schedule a call with one of our physical therapists at our Dallas location to find out what can be done to help you.
The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Jaw/TMJ or Neck pain Pain Quickly?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision to get help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that TMJ and Jaw pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse. You start to think that you just have to LIVE WITH IT, because you are getting older and that is what just happens.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises- one of the best things to help you ease your TMJ and jaw pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises and manual work - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to quickly move freely again. The right exercises with ensure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your Jaw or neck even more like some exercises do).
3.Avoid positions that increase clenching and increase neck tension - Try to avoid poor neck posture as well as holding tension in your jaw by relaxing your facial muscles, breathing in and out through your nose and resting your tongue on the roof of your mouth. What you need are exercises and manual treatment to help improve your neck and jaw positioning, reduce overworked jaw muscles and chronic tension so you can get back to sleeping, eating and talking without symptoms as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with TMJ and neck pain. In fact at the mPower Physical Therapy it is a very common complaint from our patients. If your TMJ pain is affecting your job, your ability to sleep and eat and if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at mPower Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Your Jaw, TMJ and neck Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physiotherapy Team can do for you:
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your jaw pain once and for all - often within the first appointment!
Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
We can help you avoid dangerous surgery - and painful injections. We have seen horrible procedures that have gone wrong with TMJ. Why? Because they are not getting to the source of your problem. You do not fix that – your pain will return!
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills and injections!
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that TMJ and Jaw pain has stolen from you
We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning due to pain and sleep apnea.
We know the Dentists who can help YOU and only Specialize in TMJ if you need extra help! We literally are a one stop shop to helping you get the answers of understanding how to resolve your Jaw Pain!
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of TMJ and Jaw pain. The first step is to download our FREE REPORT on All about TMJ: 6 Tips to Resolve Jaw Pain.
You will then be able to speak to one of our Specialist for FREE as your next step to downloading the book. We understand you are skeptical and have tried a lot of treatments that are not working. We hear this all the time from our patients. Check out one skeptical patient below..
Please enjoy watching this video to learn tips to solve your TMJ:
About mPower Physical Therapy
mPower Physical Therapy was created out of the frustration of our healthcare system. We had so many patients coming to us who were on medications, getting multiple injections, getting surgeries and not getting better or feeling like there is no other options. I wanted a place where people could get care and felt listened to and allow us to help you understand how you can heal your body. A place where we can get you back to what you love to do even if it is a nagging injury.
Our goals is to END you Pain and Stiffness, to Stay ACTIVE, and Keep your MOBILITY to Live Life Every Day!
We do this without pain pills, surgeries, prescription drugs, or frequent doctor visits. We help people who have failed treatments elsewhere. We mpower people to get back to the activities they love again by giving them the knowledge and tools they need to make sense of their symptoms and feel confident in their bodies.